wiring manuals Check out this 4 pages of 1998 - 2000 Nissan Frontier & Xterra with KA24 engine Service Bulletin. You MUST closely follow the entire Service Procedure (starting on page 2) as it contains information that is essential to successfully completing this repair.
1998-2000 Nissan Frontier Service Procedure :
1. Remove the throttle chamber assembly and place it aside.
• Refer to the EM section of the appropriate Service Manual (ESM).
• Only remove harness connectors, cables, and hoses necessary to allow the throttle chamber assembly to be placed aside.
2. Remove the EGR valve mounting bolts and then move the EGR valve outward about ½ inch (see Figure 2).
• This is so you can remove the plug for the “rear most” EGR port.
3. Remove the plugs for the EGR ports
4. Clean deposits out of the EGR ports
• Use a small wire bottle brush inside each port.
• Make sure you clean out the smaller hole inside the port.
• Finish cleaning by spraying throttle body/carburetor cleaner in and througheach port.
• When you’re finished, the area around the smaller hole should be bare metal (silver color).
CAUTION: Don’t use too much cleaner!
• Cleaner sprayed in the ports will puddle in the intake manifold.
• If too much is used, it may cause the engine to “lock-up” when it is started.
• If the engine locks because too much cleaner is used, it may bend a connecting
5. Apply Threadlocker to the EGR port plugs, then reinstall the plugs
• Use Permatex High Temp Threadlocker Red - 999MP-AM004P.
6. Reinstall the EGR valve mounting bolts (use a new gasket).
7. Reinstall the throttle chamber (use a new gasket).
8. Reinstall any other parts that were removed.
9. Run the engine at 2000 rpm with no load for 30 seconds to clear loose deposits from the intake manifold.
10. Test drive the vehicle and confirm your incident is fixed and a code is not stored.
• Use the DTC P0400 or P0402 Confirmation Procedure in the Service Manual (ESM).
• Use CONSULT-II to erase any stored DTC’s.
download link : View