2004 Acura TL Rear Seat Removal/Installation
NOTE: Take care not to scratch the body or tear the seat covers.
- Remove the seat cushion bolt (A), then pull the seat hook knobs (B) to release the seat cushion.
- Loosen the upper bolts (C), then remove the lower bolts (D).
Install the 2004 Acura TL seat in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:
- Guide the belts over the front of the seat-back as you install it.
- Before attaching the rear seat-back and cushion, make sure there are no twists or kinks in the seat belts.
- When installing the seat cushion, slip the seat belt buckles through the slits in the seat cushion.
2004 Acura TL shelf removal :
Lift the rear shelf (A) to release the clips, then pull the rear shelf towards the front of the vehicle. NOTE: The shelf may be stuck to the rear window and may require some force to detach. Make sure that all the clips are released before pulling the shelf out.
Pull both rear seat belt (B) and rear center seat belt (C) out through the slits (D) in the rear shelf, then remove the shelf.
Install the 2004 Acura TL shelf in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:
- Check for damaged or stress-whitened clips, and replace them with new ones.
- When installing the rear shelf, slip the rear seat belts and center seat belt through the slits in the rear shelf.
- Push the clips into place securely